It’s almost time for Electric Ocean!
SeaWorld San Diego’s award-winning nighttime spectacular—Electric Ocean—transforms the park this summer into a sea of glowing color and energy, inspired by the ocean! Electric Ocean ignites at SeaWorld on June 16 and lights up the park on select dates through Sept. 3, 2018.
When the sun goes down, SeaWorld lights up with a celebration of illumination, featuring vibrant night shows with exhilarating performances. Immersed in exotic worlds of light, music and incomparable special effects, guests can experience their favorite SeaWorld rides and attractions in a whole new way—lit by the ocean glow. There’s marine life at every turn and distinctive entertainment throughout the park, including gigantic glowing schools of fish that immerse guests in an underwater world.
“We’ve taken a very popular summer lineup that we kicked off last year and upped our game even more,” said Rick Schuiteman, SeaWorld San Diego’s vice president of entertainment. “Electric Ocean won a Brass Ring Award for Most Creative Property-wide Event from IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions), which inspired us to elevate the experience to a whole new level this year.”
From entertainment including mermerizing acrobatic performances over Mission Bay, a heart-pounding dance club, to colorful lighting and glittering décor and an electric soundtrack, Electric Ocean will do just that … electrify. Guests are encouraged to share their photos on social media with #SeaItGlow.
WAVES OF NEW OFFERINGS FOR 2018:
- USBA world freestyle jetski champion Mark Gomez joins the cast of Cirque Electrique for this nighttime acrobatic show on and above Mission Bay.
- The spectacular IllumiNight show is back, but with new high-flying acrobatics, floating sea life and a Tribe of electric dancers.
- To cap off the night, SeaWorld presents Laser Reef, an all-new laser show featuring floating sea life and an energetic soundtrack
- At the center of it all, SeaWorld’s iconic 320-foot-tall Skytower is decked out in a new color palette of blue, aqua and magenta lights.
2018 Electric Ocean dates:
All of July
Eight electrifying reasons to stay late at SeaWorld San Diego:
- Cirque Electrique: Cirque Electrique is a nighttime spectacular featuring daring aerial performers in advanced LED suits that mesmerize audiences as they bounce and fly in and over the waters of Mission Bay. In addition to the return of world flyboard champion Jake Orel, new this year for Cirque Electrique is USBA world freestyle jetski champion Mark Gomez.
- IllumiNight: IllumiNight is an electric party that celebrates the energy, diversity and light under the sea. Hosted by a Laser Light DJ, the show features high flying acrobatics, floating sea life and a tribe of electric dancers. The interactive show encourages guests to move along to the electric pulse and become part of the #vibetribe.
- Laser Reef: SeaWorld caps off the night with a canopy of laser beams that submerge guests below in rays of color, floating sea life and an energetic soundtrack.
- Club Current: The night kicks off at the signature dance area, Club Current, where DJs spin the hits while denizens of the deep show off the latest moves. Guests meet reimagined vibrant sea creatures like Manny Ray, Loggerhead, Cora del Fuego, and many more imaginative ocean-themed characters.
- School of Glow: Guests can immerse themselves in color and light, as waves of fish and bubbles dance to high energy music in this sea-inspired light installation.
- Sea of Life: A dazzling display of gigantic schools of fish glimmers during the day and illuminates at night with lights synchronized to music.
- Atlantis Ignites: The park’s water coaster, Journey to Atlantis, enthralls guests with a 100-foot projection mapping experience that takes them on a vibrant and thrilling undersea adventure.
- Manta re/CHARGED: Guests can ride the ray and feel the rush on Manta reCHARGED. SeaWorld’s double-launch roller coaster transforms into an adrenaline pumping, electrifying coaster with new special effects, colorful lighting and pulsing music.
Leave A Comment